Monday, October 11, 2010

#236 The J Dilla Orchestra


I spend last weekend in the good ol' city of Rotterdam and spend it mostly at my buddy Philip Powel's Bird Fest, a festival celebrating Hip-Hop, Jazz and Nu-soul.
Musically not really my kinda thing (especially Nu-soul. God, I really really really hate Nu-soul), but luckily The New Earth Group killed it as usual. Walking through the venue I was surprised by a film that was playing... coincidentally the film you see pictured above.

The film is a concert registration entitled "Suite For Ma Dukes". It's the music of J-Dilla, arranged for a 60 piece Orchestra by Miguel Atwood-Ferguson. This DVD is available in a three piece box-set called The Timeless series and also features Mulatu Astatke and Artur Verogai.

Now I haven't seen anything off the latter two, but this Miquel Atwood-Ferguson stuff is f-in awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment